. = V E N T = .
Letters to the Editor


From time to time, a commentary on the world will bubble up inside of me to the extent that I'm forced to write a letter to my local, metropolitan, daily newspaper, The Age. This is where I blow of some steam. Feel like venting too? Add your own comment or visit my homepage.

Tuesday, April 12, 2005

'Telstrear'

While not downplaying the tremendous efforts of Professor Graeme Clarkson and others in developing the bionic ear (The Age, 12/4), it is worth noting the important supporting work undertaken by the research engineers and other boffins at the (then) Telecom Research Labs, in Clayton.

How terribly unfashionable. If it were to happen nowadays, it would have to be called the "Telstrear" and hearing would be billed at 18c for 30 seconds (with a 25c flagfall). Progress?

Vent!         


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home