. = V E N T = .
Letters to the Editor


From time to time, a commentary on the world will bubble up inside of me to the extent that I'm forced to write a letter to my local, metropolitan, daily newspaper, The Age. This is where I blow of some steam. Feel like venting too? Add your own comment or visit my homepage.

Sunday, August 07, 2005

God of the Gaps

Science, by its nature, is open-ended, unfolding, contentious and incomplete. Proponents of Intelligent Design attack science by pointing out these gaps in knowledge, as if that means the whole enterprise is doomed. It's not. It just means there are more puzzles for our imaginative and creative minds to unravel.

A belief system that instead is based on the limits of our imaginations, exploits our tendency to accept without question and relies on the ever-decreasing gaps in knowledge has no place in our schools.

Vent!         


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home