. = V E N T = .
Letters to the Editor


From time to time, a commentary on the world will bubble up inside of me to the extent that I'm forced to write a letter to my local, metropolitan, daily newspaper, The Age. This is where I blow of some steam. Feel like venting too? Add your own comment or visit my homepage.

Friday, February 17, 2006

Olympic Glory for Internet Spammer

Our Winter Olympic gold medallist, Dale Begg-Smith, made his fortune through an internet business that delivers spam, viruses, trojans, hijackers and other malware to vulnerable computer users. His website (now taken down) brags about 20 million pop-ups per day. Oh and he also has a business flogging pop-up preventing software!

As someone who has wasted many hours ridding computers of these infestations, is it churlish of me to suggest the IOC Anti-Doping Agency test him for sampling his clients' wares? No blood or urine required: a 30cm ruler would suffice.

Vent!         


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home