. = V E N T = .
Letters to the Editor


From time to time, a commentary on the world will bubble up inside of me to the extent that I'm forced to write a letter to my local, metropolitan, daily newspaper, The Age. This is where I blow of some steam. Feel like venting too? Add your own comment or visit my homepage.

Wednesday, September 15, 2004

A Very Private Choice

I welcome Dr. Kemp's clear exposition (13/11) of the obligation of goverments to ensure the affordability of the private alternative to public services. That's why I'm sure he will support my choice not to use the public sewer system and have my waste handled privately. The courier company says that my modest daily delivery to a certain Parliamentary office in Canberra will cost around $10,000 each year. I can trust Dr. Kemp to remain unswayed by the politics of envy and hand over a generous subsidy to ensure that this is a real choice for me. Further, support will not be means tested as I'm both paying taxes for sewerage services and relieving the pressure on the public system. So, without detracting from the fine work done in Werribee, Dr. Kemp will help me deliver my outcomes in Canberra.
Vent!         


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home