. = V E N T = .
Letters to the Editor


From time to time, a commentary on the world will bubble up inside of me to the extent that I'm forced to write a letter to my local, metropolitan, daily newspaper, The Age. This is where I blow of some steam. Feel like venting too? Add your own comment or visit my homepage.

Wednesday, June 22, 2005

Big Bother - The Real Affront

Like Liberal MP Trish Draper, I tuned in to Big Brother Uncut for the first time on Monday and was appalled. Like National MP Paul Neville, I'm certainly no prude. So I don't care about the on-screen nudity, profanity, masturbation, sex or mindless drivel. What shocked me was the deplorable harassment and assault - ranging from unwelcome and persistent skirt-lifting, humiliation, forced simulated sex ("dry humping"), breast-groping (and biting) and total degradation of human dignity. How can anyone look past all that to get worked up by the boobs and willies?

I don't want to sound like a corporate training video, but that kind of uninvited behaviour is disgusting and I hope the young women subject to it actively pursue their legal options against the perpetrators and Channel Ten. An arched eyebrow from host Gretel Killeen is hardly sufficient censure.

Vent!         


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home