. = V E N T = .
Letters to the Editor


From time to time, a commentary on the world will bubble up inside of me to the extent that I'm forced to write a letter to my local, metropolitan, daily newspaper, The Age. This is where I blow of some steam. Feel like venting too? Add your own comment or visit my homepage.

Monday, November 07, 2005

Public Transport's Divine Comedy

While I'm blessed to live in public transport Heaven - just a few minutes walk to Jolimont and Richmond stations and three tram routes - I frequently travel to the Other Place (Monash University at Clayton). En route I suffer the cruel torments of delays, cancellations, mis-connecting buses and crowded, airless carriages. The Brumby/Batchleor Government has squandering our taxes on corporate welfare, novelty train stations and bogus "fast" rail. But we cannot ignore the role of comparatively low ticket prices in our infernal network.

How many other commuters would also gladly pay extra for improved service? Just think of it as buying indulgences to avoid the Purgatory of the Jolimont railyards!

Vent!         


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home