. = V E N T = .
Letters to the Editor


From time to time, a commentary on the world will bubble up inside of me to the extent that I'm forced to write a letter to my local, metropolitan, daily newspaper, The Age. This is where I blow of some steam. Feel like venting too? Add your own comment or visit my homepage.

Thursday, December 15, 2005

Sydney's Rioting Bogans

I can't help thinking that last weekend's ugliness in Sydney would have been avoided if RU486 were available 25 years ago.

Vent!         


2 Comments:

<    >
Anonymous Anonymous vented ...

Hey Greg,

May I hazard a guess that you've been reading Freakonomics recently? :)

-Taj.

Friday, December 23, 2005 4:38:00 am  
<    >
Blogger Greg vented ...

Not as such, although I have a book voucher earmarked for the purpose. I have to confess to an increasing number of economics blogs finding their way into my rss reader. I recommend the following:

* Econlog
* Marginal Revolution
* Becker-Posner Blog
* Adam Smith Lives!

A lot of these seem to be connected to the George Mason University in the US. Not sure why.

I think what draws me to economists' thinking is their combination of curiosity (breadth) and rigour (depth). But as broad as economics is, it's tough to beat the humanities:

* Arts and Letters Daily

Cheers,

-Greg.

Wednesday, January 04, 2006 3:42:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home